Monday 18 November 2013

Making Monday

Apart from being very behind in NaNoWriMo, I have actually been knitting lately though I haven't talked about it much.

I've just cast off on a small towel as part of my Gran's Christmas present. It's bee stitch with a garter stitch border, which I adore and find great for knitting when I'm having a blether or watching tv. I used a whole ball of Wendy Supreme Cotton in DK - I literally had about two inches of cotton left when I finished the cast off.

Towel measuring 13 inches by 16 inches

All that's left is to wash it, convert one of the tails to a hanging loop and weave the other one in. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out.

Also in Christmas knitting is the Ebbs shawl I'm knitting for Mum in Yarn Pony Mustang. It's so delightfully squishy, and it's going to look wonderful when it's finished.


I'm only just at the first colour change, but it knits quite quickly at the moment.

Secret project number two is still a secret but the knitting continues on that, and I'm pleased with how it's looking so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment