Wednesday 1 June 2016

FO: Apollonie Shawl

There are projects that just make you happy all round and you constantly look forward to knitting a few more rows on. Apollonie by K.M. Bedigan was one of those for me.


I used Ginger Twist Studio's Splendor 4ply in the Dove colourway. It's a Merino/Silk mix that is a dream to knit with and, as you would expect with the 50% silk, drapes beautifully.The colour itself is gorgeous, with very subtle changes in the pale silvery grey that seem to make it almost luminous. It'll go with just about anything.


The pattern itself is a dream to knit as well: clearly written and well laid out with the best description of wrap and turn I've come across yet. The lace sections are very intuitive and easy to read in the knitting, and I managed to watch TV while knitting it which is not something I can say very often with lace work.



All in all, I'm in love with it. Drapey, lacey and so, so soft.

On a side note, I used my new blocking wires for the first time when I blocked this, and it made life so much easier!

Project Specifics
Ravelry pattern page: Apollonie
Ravelry project page: My Apollonie
Yarn Used: 74g/296m Ginger's Hand Dyed Splendor 4ply in the Dove colourway
Finished dimensions: 126cm wide by 46cm deep (not quite as wide as stated but I think that's simply a gauge issue on my part).

No comments:

Post a Comment