Saturday 20 April 2013

Three things I'm loving at the moment...

I'm currently getting over a bad case of tonsillitis so to cheer myself up, I'm going to talk about things I'm loving at the moment.

1. Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream. I started using this about a month ago, and I've not looked back since. It has left the skin on my face feeling lovely, smooth, and well moisturised. No more skin feeling taut for me! I love the pale pink colour of it, and it smells lovely. I've found it to sink in incredibly quickly, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy afterwards. Better yet, a little goes a long way so the £4.99 pot (currently reduced to £3.49) is going to last me another couple of months, even with daily use.

2. Sinful Colors Nail Enamel. There is such a fantastic array of colours available, it was hard to pick which ones were coming home with me. (I ended up with Cinderella, Social Ladder, and Call You Later.) Cinderella was a three coater, but only because I like a nice solid colour on my nails - one coat gave a lovely even opaque coverage, and the drying time was fairly average. The staying power was phenomenal - after four days of washing dishes, handling money and general abuse, there was hardly any tip wear. It was only after I scrubbed down some woodwork that any wear started to show. Taking it off was not particularly difficult, and I couldn't stop staring at my nails the whole week.  All that and only £1.99 for 15ml? I'm seriously waiting for the catch.

3. Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch. Just before I fell ill, I fell in love with this series. I raced through them, and hated anything that pulled me away from them. I love everything about them - the worldbuilding of the magic, the characters, everything felt believable and authentic, and the fact they are essentially magical crime-solving. Sold, sold and sold again. I can't wait for the fourth book in the series due in July, and the books are going on my birthday list so I can reread them to my hearts content.

No comments:

Post a Comment