Saturday 18 May 2013

Conquering Moss stitch! Or, playing with a pattern

It's been a long, tiring couple of weeks for me, and the weather has turned from gorgeous sunshine to the middle of winter overnight. On the bright side of life though, it's my Saturday off work, and I'm having fun playing with knitting and finally coming to grips with moss stitch.


It's going to be a fairly straight forward face/dish cloth with an owl motif in the middle, but I'm having a huge amount of fun figuring out the stitch counts, making the motif and generally putting my first pattern together. I don't know why I didn't try this before!

(Okay, I do know why - despite my science degree, my brain has up until recently had a hatred of all things maths related and thought a tension square needed more brain power than I had. Happily it turns out, my brain is more than up to the challenge.)

Maybe now I can over come my mental block on the top with moss stitch that I started and abandoned back before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment