Sunday 26 May 2013

What I'm reading

This week has been rather minging to put it mildly.  Pretty much the only thing I have managed to do was read, so lets talk about books.

What are you currently reading?

The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. I hadn't planned on starting this just now, especially after glancing through the prologue and humming and hawwing about it. I forgot to bring another book for break time though, so I started it and ended up reading it at home as well. I was pleasantly surprised once I got past the prologue and I'm enjoying it so far. I suspect I'm going to be ROBIN! throughout the book but I'll have to wait and see as a certain person nicked it off me.

I also started The City by Stella Gemmell as it's still on the request list. I am not really feeling it right now though it's nicely written. I'm intrigued enough to keep reading though and see if I connect with it at all.

What did you recently finish reading?

Darkening Skies and Defiant Peaks by Juliet E McKenna. I loved them both. I'm going to have to reread the trilogy at some point to catch all the little details I missed, but that isn't going to be a hardship. I liked the repercussions that echoed through the books, and still adored most of the characters. I also loved all the insights into the various magic systems, and McKenna definitely has a writing style that sucks me in and want to not put the books down.

Worth Any Price by LIsa Kleypas. I mentioned to someone that the only reason I finished this book was because I couldn't get up to get anything else. It really was that bad. The characters fell completely flat, and it was more a case of telling that they had fallen in love with each other than showing it, and there was a bondage scene that made me want to through the book across the room. I'm not sure I'll be picking up another Kleypas as she has been more miss than hit for me.

What do you think you’ll read next?

Nothing new as I need to finish both I'm in the middle of.

No comments:

Post a Comment