Wednesday 17 July 2013

What I'm reading 17/7/13

What are you currently reading?

I'm a few pages further along in Komarr by Lois McMaster Bujold (and still enjoying it), and I've just started flicking through Managing Ehler Danlos (type 3) Hypermobility Syndrome by Isobel Knight. It's rather more in depth than her last book, though still very readable, and I suspect I will be dipping in and out of it for a while.

What did you recently finish reading?


It's been a mainly disappointing week for books.

I ended up DNF'ing The Aylesford Skull by James P Blaylock. It was all right enough to dip in and out of as a break time read, but I tried to read it for more than ten minutes at a time, and I found I just didn't care. I liked some of the characters, just not enough to finish the book.

Hunted by Kevin Hearne. It was all right I suppose. It wasn't bad, but I found myself skimming passages, and I really only carried on reading because I'm reasonably invested with the characters at this point. I'll read the next book because I want to see where it goes from here, but this book felt like it was just filler

What do you think you’ll read next?

Book of Souls by James Oswald has just come in for me, and I can't wait to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment