Sunday 9 February 2014

What I'm reading

What did you recently finish reading?
Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. I whizzed through the rest of the book and loved it just as much as the first part. I love Lawson's writing, and her ability to make the truly heartbreaking readable without descending into outright misery. That said, I'm pretty sure I welled up at a few bits, but I would definitely reread it again at some point.

Earth Girl and Earth Star by Janet Edwards. I first heard of these through fantasybookcafe, and I'm so glad I did. Once I got through the first page or two (I'm not a huge fan of the character talking to you), I absolutely loved both of them. Gloss over any imperfections, don't want to stop reading to eat my dinner, and making me utterly gleeful kind of absolutely loving. I'll definitely be getting my own copies to reread, and what do you mean I have to wait to August for the next one??

What are you currently reading?
Despite bringing it home to try and settle into it, I haven't picked up Knife Sworn by Mazarkis Williams in a wee while. I've simply not been in the mood for it.

I've started dipping into Django Wexler’s The Thousand Names again and I'm enjoying it, but not with the same urgency that I've read others with lately. I still plan on finishing it though.

What do you think you’ll read next?
Val McDermid's Cross and Burn arrived for me on short loan so definitely that. I might rummage around my TBR pile and see what else I feel like during my days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment