Thursday 2 January 2014

2014!

2013 was a bit of a funny year for me healthwise which impacted everything, but I ended it better than I began it so I'm fairly happy.

I'm hoping 2014 is going to be a good year, and I started it how I mean to go on: feeling well, surrounded by family, talking to friends, and knitting in a house that's clean and relatively tidy.

I always like to set goals ahead so I have something to reach for (resolutions don't work for me).This year, I have the usual year long goals of being lighter, stronger and fitter at the end of 2014 than at the start as well as more specific ones.

1. Knit a pair of socks. It's been on my to do list for ages, but I just don't seem to have managed to get around to them yet.
2. Knit something with fair isle. Ditto.
3. Knit one of the jumpers I have everything for (probably Owls). Ditto.
4. Move beyond chain stitch in crochet.
5. Improve my photography skills, especially when it comes to taking photographs of my knitting.
6. Learn to Spin yarn. I've had a lovely kit from HilltopCloud sitting beside me for a couple of months now, and I would like to do more than just stroke it, lovely though it is.
7. Write more. I'm not going to be more specific here as I've found that doesn't work for me. As long as I write a little something most days, I will be happy.

So onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment