Friday 10 January 2014

Mitred Square Blanket

One of last year's giant secret projects was a mitred square blanket for my sister's birthday. Well, I managed to get it finished in time (just), and I'm really pleased with the result.

Based off the mitred square pattern in Lorna Miser's Faith, Hope, Love, Knitting, the blanket is 30 21ish cm squares of a wide mix of yarns crocheted together, and the whole blanket measures 130cm long by 112cm wide.



Here you can see it laid out flat on a double bed. A couple of the colours are washed out, but I love this picture anyway. It's modeled after those any scrap of yarn blankets my Gran used to crochet back in the 70's, and it will really go with anything because there is just about every colour in it.


The only thing I'm still a bit unsure about is the way I crocheted it together, but this was the first time in a long while that I had even held a crochet hook, and I was rushing more than I would have liked.  And in the true way of crafters, it's only me that's bothered by it. My sister absolutely loves it, and has barely parted with it when she's been at home. 

I am really pleased with how it turned out though, and it is so delightfully warm and snuggly that I almost didn't want to give it away. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment