Wednesday 8 January 2014

What I'm reading

I found these posts definitely helped me keep track of the books I read last year, so I'm going to do the same again, although this year they are going to be fortnightly instead of weekly.

Just a reminder, these posts aren't really reviews, just some quick thoughts on the books I'm reading.

What are you currently reading?

The Emperor's Knife by Mazarkis Williams. I am enjoying this so much that the only reason I haven't already finished it is because of a combination of sinus headache and tonsillitis.

The Magic of Shetland Lace knitting by Elizabeth Lovick. I'm more dipping in and out of this book, but it is absolutely lovely. I'm going to talk about it more later so I'll leave it at that just now.

Just One Evil Act by Elizabeth George. It's definitely an improvement on her last few books, and I'm finding it does have some of her old ability to suck you back in. When I'm reading it I don't want to put it down, but that same compunction isn't there in the gap between me putting it down and picking it back up again. I think I'm actually going to finish this one though.

What did you recently finish reading?

Just before the close of 2013, I finished Chosen by Benedict Jacka. It's the fourth in the series, and I don't really think it can be read as a standalone. I enjoyed it enough, but I wouldn't have read it had I not read the rest of the series. It was nice to catch up with the characters and see some background, as well as the set up for the next book. I think I will be reading the next one, but I won't be rushing out to get it.

The latest The Broons. My traditional New Year read, and I loved it as always.

What do you think you’ll read next?


If I get Emperor's Knife finished, I'll be finding the next in the trilogy pretty sharpish!

No comments:

Post a Comment