Monday 3 March 2014

Finished Ebbs Shawl

Last but not least of my Christmas knitting this year was an Ebbs shawl for my Mum.



I completely used both skeins of the Yarn Pony Mustang I bought at last year's Edinburgh Yarn Festival, making the shawl slightly larger than the written pattern. The wingspan is a smidgeon over 2 metres and the depth is 67cm. (Which I have to add was big enough that I looked rather ridiculous trying to get a picture of the whole shawl!) 

I'm absolutely in love with the pattern. It's easy but very well thought out and well written. It was such a pleasure to knit, and I can definitely see myself knitting another one at some point.


I also loved knitting with the Yarn Pony yarn. It's a gorgeous merino that has such a lovely colour to it and it is delightful to knit with.

Alas, I couldn't persuade my Mum to model it for me to post here so instead I'll post the somewhat obligatory for me folded up picture.


I'll be the first to admit, there is a very strong chance I will be borrowing this off her!

No comments:

Post a Comment