Monday 17 March 2014

Raspberry Ripple

One of the great things about having family that appreciate yarn as much as I do is that you can jokingly suggest 'Bring some wool back for me' when they leave for holiday, and three days later you get a phone call that starts with 'I'm in the wool shop*, what do you want?' (Needless to say it was one of the longest phone calls in family history. How was I supposed to pick??)

In the end I went for the yarn that was described as 'sort of like raspberry ripple ice cream and soo soft'.


It certainly lives up to that description! It's a 4ply wool/silk mix, and as promised it is indeed so soft and squishy. I'm not quite sure what I want to knit with it yet though so I think I will just sit and admire it for a while. Such an arduous task.

I love my family. *grin*

*The yarn shop in question is the fantastic Kingcraig fabrics in Brora, which I've not actually visited in person. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment